Download our DreamWeaver Warranty, Care, & Maintenance guide here.
Carpet Care Checklist
- Only install your carpet in appropriate areas of your home.
- Use a professional carpet installer for best results.
- Use a quality carpet pad of the correct thickness and weight.
- Always have clean walk-off mats at all entrances to capture outside soil before it’s tracked inside.
- Vacuum regularly with a Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval vacuum cleaner.
- Have your carpet professionally cleaned using hot water extraction every 12-18 months to remove soil and residues and prolong the life of your carpet.
- Always attend to accidents and spills immediately by blotting the spill with a damp, white absorbent towel.
- Do not apply heat or hot water to a urine stain.
- Have professionals remove stains caused by markers.
- Only use Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval spot cleaners.
How do I file a claim?
If you are unhappy with your DreamWeaver carpet and believe you have an issue that would be addressed by the flooring warranty, you must first contact your DreamWeaver retailer to file a claim. If the retailer is not available, you may request to initiate a warranty claim by mailing or emailing directly to Engineered Floors the following:
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Retailer name and location.
- A copy of the receipt listing the flooring style name, color, and quantity, cushion information, if included, and date of installation.
- A description of the problem. If it is a stain issue, please provide information about the cause of the stain and what has been done to try to remove the stain.
- Copies of any professional cleaning receipts.
- Pictures from the areas of concern.
Engineered Floors, LLC.
PO Box 2207
Attn: Residential Claims Department
Dalton, Ga 30721
What type of vacuum should I use and how often do you recommend vacuuming?
The Carpet and Rug Institute provides a list of recommended vacuums that can be found here. The CRI recommends vacuuming your carpets at least once a week, and daily in areas of high-traffic use.
If I use a vacuum that does not have the CRI seal of approval, will my carpet warranty be voided?
While the use of a non-approved vacuum will not void your warranty, using approved vacuum cleaners will extend the life of your carpet and improve the indoor air quality in your home. We strongly recommend the use of Carpet and Rug Institute approved vacuum cleaners. You’ll find a list here.
Will seams be visible in my rooms?
When installed by professional carpet installers, most of our carpets can be installed with seams that will be virtually unnoticed. Some seams may be slightly visible based on the color and style selected. In general terms, lower pile height carpets (less thickness) will tend to show more seams. Within our product line, only loop pile carpets would fit into the category of lower pile height carpets.
Can Dreamweaver carpet be installed without a pad?
Carpet pad is required in order to qualify for our warranties. We recommend padding to enhance the softness of your carpet and to increase the life of your carpet by acting as a shock absorber when someone walks on the carpet.
What type of padding do you recommend for Dreamweaver carpet?
The CRI (Carpet and Rug Institute) has a full set of recommendations. For cut pile carpet, we recommend a pad with a maximum thickness of 7/16″ and a minimum density of 6 pounds per cubic feet. For loop pile carpet, we recommend a pad with a thickness of 3/8” and a minimum density of 6 pounds per cubic feet.
Can I buy directly from Dreamweaver and Engineered Floors?
DreamWeaver Carpets can be purchased from a nationwide list of flooring retailers. Because our retailers provide professional installation, we do not offer direct sales to consumers. For retailers near you, visit our Dealer Locator.
I have a stain on my carpet that I can't remove with your recommended methods. Now what?
Depending on your style purchased, there may be additional steps we can utilize to clean your stain. Email us at email@example.com. You will need to know the style name or number of the carpet you purchased and the nature of the stain you have encountered. Based on that information, we can recommend a course of action to improve your stain.
Are DreamWeaver products environmentally friendly?
Because of our operational efficiencies and the way we make our PureColor® solution-dyed polyester, we use considerably less energy to make our carpets and 50% less oil than piece-dyed nylon carpets. The dye is inserted into molten polymer during the fiber manufacturing process. PureColor uses 30% less energy, emits 42% less greenhouse gases and uses 87% less water to produce.
What is the 'new carpet smell' and how long will it last?
Carpets, like many products in the home, can give off a very slight odor when first installed. This odor is a result of the latex (rubber) backing system that holds the carpet tufts to the backing. It normally dissipates within a few days. A persistent urban legend is that this odor is formaldehyde. That is not true. Formaldehyde has not been used in the carpet manufacturing since 1975. The Carpet and Rug Institute has a program to test and ensure that carpets pass a series of stringent tests called the Green Label Plus Program. All of the carpets we manufacture pass the requirements of this program. Get more details on this program here.
How do I become a DreamWeaver dealer?
We’re happy to discuss the ways you can become a dealer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-706-9745 to learn more.
Does my warranty cover pet stains?
Yes! Download our warranty information to learn more.
What is the pet stain removal process?
Does my warranty transfer from one homeowner to the next?
We offer up to lifetime warranties as long as you own the carpet. They are not transferable.